Assassin's Creed 3 fan art


Stabby McConnor

It's been a while since I actually sketched anything, and after viewing the Assassin's Creed 3 trailers and footage, I had no choice in the matter. I haven't been this excited about a game since AC2! Most of the time I do a very rough sketch in Photoshop before I start painting because I do tend to change things a lot during the painting process.

Click to view larger image
This time, though, I decided to go for the full sketch with all the bells and whistles. Sort of. The things I left out in the sketch were stuff I couldn't be arsed with because it would be so much easier just painting it in ... what? Don't judge me!

I collected a whole bunch reference images of AC3 since I wanted to depict Connors' clothes as accurately as possible. I noticed tiny details that were changed from one image to the next: in the trailer, the buttons on his shirt has a red center; in other images they're just silver. His necklace only has one claw in the trailer; in the "Frontier Gameplay" footage, there are three claws.The beaded accessories on his arms are lined in red in several images, but blue in others.

In any case, I decided to change some details, as well, because it suited me :p Believe me, they're so minor most people wouldn't even notice it ... unless you're like me.



Below are some work-in-progress images which includes the sketching stage and the colouring process. Also, detailed images of the full painting :)

Click to view larger image
Click to view larger image
Click to view larger image
Click to view larger image
Click to view larger image

- Follow me on Twitter
- My deviantArt page

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kate Daniels Series: Derek

Kate Daniels: Process

Jack and George